Seasons Pass



I have recently thought a few times of the truth in this quote: "This too shall pass". In certain times it may be a phrase of hope and in others a phrase of warning.

Phrase of Hope: When I think back of the time I was in hospital and how I thought it would never end, I find relief in knowing that it has pass and I no longer live in that season! Believe it or not, and it may sound false or out of place, but there are things in every season, EVERY season, that are to be cherished and things to be learned. Yes the time in hospital was a challenging time, but how I cherish the support and love of Christ that completely radiated from friends and family. I also had a different outlook on life in that time, and even though there were times when I felt very distraught, I certainly had the mindset of "when I get out of here, I will...". For the details you would have to get to know me better and not over the world-wide-web:) But now I wonder how my mindset has reverted back to the current situations of merely the season I am in now. The phrase, "this too shall pass" also implies that the current opportunities will not always be there and in order to avoid regret, action should not be delayed or avoided. There have been so many times that I have regretted not making the most of a season I am in, particularly in terms of the relationships I could have built and invested more time in, in so many seasons of life! Essentially, I think, life is all about relationships, first Heavenly then earthly.
There are seasons in life we will never get back, and often we only cherish them after they have passed. But then it may be too late.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well said Leandi :) -Kamil

Popular posts from this blog

To Continue the hospital story #4

*"Winter" wonderland time*

Jesus' character in us