The anniversary of God's faithfulness

Today, a year ago, was the day that me, my friend Matt and my friend, Jess were on our way to the Drakensberg for a weekend of "fat Jols", in the words of my friend , Jo. It turned out to be a bit of a different weekend, as that evening we had a head on collision with another car. You would know the whole story if you know me:) For most of today I had actually forgotten the significance of today a year ago, until my friend reminded me. It's funny, God has been so amazingly faithful this last year even, just yesterday in our church and the lives of people in our church, that I should really have a big party today in celebration of His goodness and perfect faithfulness. His faithfulness to us, is absolutely perfect because it is not based on our faithfulness to Him, but it is based on Jesus' faithfulness and Jesus led a perfect life!


In this last year God gave me this verse as a promise:


~Psalm 138~
I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart
I will sing Your praises before the gods.
I bow before Your holy Temple as I worship
I praise Your name for Your unfailing love and faithfulness;
for Your promises are backed by all the honour of Your name.
As soon as I pray, You answer me;
You encourage me by giving me strength.


Every king in all the earth will thank You, Lord,
for all of them will hear Your words.
Yes, they will sing about the Lord's ways,
for the glory of the Lord is very great.
Though the Lord is great, He cares for the humble,
but He keeps His distance from the proud.


Though I am surrounded by troubles,
you will protect me from the anger of my enemies.
You reach out Your hand and 
the power of Your right hand saves me
The Lord will work out His plans for my life-
for your faithful love, O Lord endures forever.
Don't abandon me, for you made me."


I believe the Lord's Promises are "backed by all the honour of His name" and He has THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES, which means His Name has the highest honour! I also believe that it's one of satan's priorities to make us doubt God's promises and his Word which means we are doubting the "honour of His name". One day when I was in ICU, my dad had asked me "have I ever had a death wish?". They never told me to my face how serious my condition was while I was in hospital, but at that point I knew it was serious. However, I told my mom that I know I wouldn't die because God has given me a word about my future through a friend, when I was 18 years old. A prophetic Word which was clearly not yet fulfilled.


Also God gave me Spikkel. You may not love dogs but I LOVE them. At the perfect time just before I arrived in Bahrain earlier this year, we had gotten Spikkels from a lady for free. Spikkels was the last of the litter and all the others were sold. Pure bred dogs in this part of the world cost at least R4000(2000dirhams). But we got my favourite kind of dog at the perfect time! And just a few months before, my black dachshund in SA had died(the cause of which, is still unknown). Tell me God isn't good, great, PERFECTLY faithful. Honestly I think Spikkels helped me get better and almost everyday when I see Spikkels I see God's faithfulness. 
As a good parent, I have taught him to "say"  "please" before he gets his VEGGIES..yes he's asking for a carrot there

See his Christmas Bow!

As life unfolds, I see God's hand in it, in that day, 27 November 2009, in all that resulted from it. May He use it ALL for His glory more and more otherwise it was just a horrible experience.

Comments

Erica said…
So encouraging to read about the anniversary of God's faithfulness! thank you for reminding us to rejoice today!

Popular posts from this blog

To Continue the hospital story #4

*"Winter" wonderland time*

Jesus' character in us