Faith



Today I thought about it again after watching my brother's statement of faith :http://www.vimeo.com/13724774, and I thought how could I, after I know with confidence and can say with certainty "Jesus reigns", how could I not tell others who do not know Him?

I know Jesus lives because He is the One who saved me, not only in Spirit and eternally but He saved me in hospital when the doctors gave me 48 hours to live.They said all my organs would fail and I would die as they had discovered the ruptured intestine only days later and even if they knew straight after it happened, my chances of survival would be very slim. If after an experience where at one point I felt so alone and at another time thought that I would for certain not make it through the night because of lack of oxygen, and another instance God said to me in a dream He will "work all things for the good for those who love Him", how after all that can I not say that there is only one true God. There is only one Name that saves. There is only One atonement that allows us to approach the throne of God. There is only one Name that will get you to heaven and that name Is Jesus. Without accepting His blood and what He did on the cross for you, once and always, you cannot enter into eternal life with the Father God. I know that I know that I know that this is the One true way because surely facing death if this was not the way, surely the "god" out there would've revealed the "right" way.

So if you do not know Jesus this is what the Bible says how you receive eternal life:
"Yet we know that a person is made right with God by faith In Jesus Christ, not by obeying the law. And we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God because of our faith in Christ, not because we have obeyed the law. For no one will ever be made right with God by obeying the law." Gal 2:16

Its all through Faith in Jesus' blood which was shed for our sins on the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice, if we accept Jesus' blood we are righteous because when God looks at us He sees the blood of Jesus who never sinned but was blameless. So we are forgiven FOREVER and nothing we do can undo what He has done for us at the cross cause God has bought us with Jesus' blood. If we can undo our salvation then we are more powerful than Jesus' blood and if we try please God with our works then we are slapping Jesus in the face by saying that what He did on the cross was not enough to please the wrath of God.
"For when I tried to keep the law, it condemned me. So I died to the law - I stopped trying to meet all its requirements- so that I might live for God. My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die" Gal 2: 19-21
"For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace. But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive the righeousness God has promised to us." Gal 5:4-5


I have recently been determined to know IN MY HEART that God has called me. People have said so, and I have wanted it, but in my heart it has not lead to action. But after watching my brother's statement of faith I just thought again how, I don't doubt Christianity and its principles. I don't doubt our "Statement of Faith" because I know that I know what Jesus has done for me and I have known HIM. But then How is it that so many others don't even believe He is true or know Him. He is THE ONLY way to be saved. How can your works ever EVER get you to the Most Holiest Lord of Lords?? We can barely keep our countries, our cities, our homes or even our own lives together, how can we compare to a God who holds the universe in the palm of His own hand?? And we try buy our own righteousness with mere works??

And He has only unfailing love and faithfulness towards us.
"I bow before your Holy temple as I worship.
I praise Your Name for Your unfailing love and Faithfulness;
for Your promises are backed by all the honor of Your Name." Psalm 138:2

Comments

Salomon said…
I am undone at your words - Lands think about writing a book - I'm serious!!!
Lesley Ligthelm said…
Incredible Lands! I'm so proud to be your sister-in-law-and-love.

Popular posts from this blog

To Continue the hospital story #4

*"Winter" wonderland time*

Jesus' character in us