continued 2.....


On the day I arrived at Joburg Gen, Danielle, one of my best friends and flatmate, came to visit me. She had brought me a scripture that she had written out for me to put on my wall so that I can read it anytime. However due to my bad eye sight and at that time I wasnt using my classes yet, my mom had to read it for me. SO we would often declare the Scripture before my mom left at night. It also helped me as I often had nightmares and dreams where I felt completely alone. The scripture was Psalm 91:

Those who live in the Shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare about the Lodr;
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
He is my God and I trust Him.
For He will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease.
He will cover you with His feathers.
He will shelter you with His wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
nor the arrow that flies in the day.
do not dread the disease that stalks in the darkness
nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
Though a thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you.
Just open your eyes, and see how the wicked are punished.

If you make the Lord your refuge,
if you make the Most High your shelter,
no evil will conquer you;
nop plague will come near your home.
For He will order His angels
to protect you wherever you go.
They will hold you up with their hands
so you wont even hurt your foot on a stone.
You will trample upon lions and cobras;
you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!

The Lord says "I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
When they call on Me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation."

Other things that were on my wall were photos that Danielle brought of Sune, Jo, Danielle and myself. The nurses would often look at the photos and not recognise me at all. An old friend of our family, Elaine Matchette, had recently moved back to SA and was such a support and blessing to our family while I was in hospital. Elaine brought me a big clock so that I can see the time, something which was very useful as up until then I would have to ask the nurses through hand signals as I couldnt speak. I would watch the clock every day to see how long i would have to wait for visitng hours; visiting hours was from 11am-12pm, 3pm-5pm and again 7pm-8pm. Another friend of mine brought me a drawing she had drawn in just a few hours; it was two hands holding me which symbolised God's hands and that He will never let me go. It is the Picture attached above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Continue the hospital story #4

*"Winter" wonderland time*

Jesus' character in us