Encouragement

Somethings that have really been an encouragement to me in this last year in Bahrain and also just since I'v been back in SA, I will share below.. Now there is NO substitute for waiting on God in the secret place, but the body of Christ, the church, local and universal, is an essential part of Christian life. I don't understand it when people tell me "no it's just me and God for now" because that's not the way His word says it should be, so...... ANYways.

Before I mention these, I have to add that by far the greatest miracle God has done in my life is for sure what He has done in my heart. Why I say this, is because I have been through difficult things, OTHER than the accident, and difficult situations have not always taken me to God. Don't wait till things go wrong before you turn to God because often people turn to the opposite sex, drugs, money, tv, alcohol etc. when life sucks. The thing is that we are all going to die in the end and the tragedy is that we can actually die and our hearts never got gripped by Him, we never allowed Him to love us with His unfailing love because of our own experiences. So the biggest miracle God can do for you and me is not physical, we are all going to die in the end anyways, the biggest miracle, He HAS already done for you, and you need to ask Him to open your eyes to see His goodness because, to quote Bill Johnson, "there is nothing greater that He can do to demonstrate His goodness than to send His own Son to the cross in my place" ! For your eyes to open, it starts in the secret place, "draw near to God and He will draw near to you" .  Jer 29:13 "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart" . God Honours His word above all, He cannot deny who He is and that verse stands in His word. Surely if you are seeking Him with all your heart, you will find Him!


So the things that have encouraged me:
I am not good on commenting on these but I know that in this last year or so, God has encouraged me through these...
1) Jonathan David Helser's music. Amazing!  
2. Bill Johnson's preaches. Subscribe to Bethel church's podcasts
3.Passion cd called "Here for you"
4. the local church!!! BY far one of the most key areas! Be part of a local church! Knit in, let your heart connect. For me this has been key both in Pretoria and Bahrain. It's family. Its Key.


Some links to JD Helser and Bill Johnson and My fav song on the "Here for you" album:
JD Helser:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D__FhynL7k
Bill Johnson:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4RZ_ctiwlE&feature=related

Waiting here for You:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3OEGnH5x8g

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Continue the hospital story #4

*"Winter" wonderland time*

Jesus' character in us